Sunday, February 11, 2007

Update on my previous blog on Orbitz

I had posted about Orbitz charging extra for tickets in one of my previous blogs. My wife had written a strong letter to Orbitz the day I published the blog. Well she got back her money the next day. But she got an email from Orbitz saying that

"If your reservation has not gone through and yet your credit card has been charged, then it could be a soft charge.

A soft charge is a temporary authorization that will automatically drop off your account within seven days, if not sooner. A soft charge is when Orbitz ask for funds from a credit card / debit card company but does not actually charge the card. By doing this the funds are taken out of the available credit on the card but not included in the balance that you need to pay to your credit card / debit card company."

Okay! But then that does not explain why they should charge twice for the same ticket. And then they write

"We value you as a customer and look forward to serving you again in the future."

Yeah right! Now that you know she has enough money to buy another ticket, she is of course a valuable customer! :).

I hope this thing stops in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It still occurs and apparently often. I was hit with one when they said they could not process my transaction and to contact the airline directly. I did then buy the tickets from the airline but the "soft charge" was also applied and it then wiped out my account. The bank says the money is in "limbo" and Orbitz claims they don't have it. In the mean time I cannot get access to ANY of my money.